World
Representative Image

Gaza hospital rejects accusations from aid agency Doctors Without Borders

Feb 16, 2026

Gaza City [Gaza], February 16: One of the largest still-operating hospitals in the Gaza Strip has rejected claims by the aid organization Doctors Without Borders (MSF) regarding the presence of armed individuals on its grounds.
MSF said they had to cease their non-urgent activities at the Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis in the south of the Gaza Strip for this reason. Observations by MSF staff "In recent months, in Nasser hospital in Khan Younis, patients and MSF personnel have seen armed men, some masked, in different areas of the large compound of the hospital," MSF posted on its website at the start of last week.
The Nasser Hospital stated that the accusations were false and endangered the hospital. It said there had been "isolated violent actions by individuals." Therefore, a civilian police force had been established to protect staff and patients. It was "not military activities, but protective measures."
Source: Qatar Tribune